- Consultation on Admissions Policies for September 2020 5th December 2018
- Attendance - Week Ending 30/11/2018 3rd December 2018
- Attendance - Week Ending 23/11/2018 26th November 2018
- Children In Need Fundraiser 16th November 2018
If a child is absent parents must:
If a child is absent the school will:
Poor punctuality is not acceptable. If a child misses the start of the day they can miss work, and miss valuable time with their class teacher getting vital information and news for the day. Late arriving pupils are sometimes unsettled, will disrupt lessons and can be embarrassed about their lateness. Persistent poor punctuality will result in sanctions being applied e.g. missing out on the weekly attendance prize.
How we manage lateness:
• at 8:45 am children should enter the side gate to go through to the back yard where staff will meet them.
• The side gate is closed at 8:55 am.
• any pupils arriving after 8:55 am should enter through the main entrance to report to the main office where minutes late are recorded.
• at 9:30 am the registers are closed.
In accordance with the Regulations, if pupils arrive after 9:30 am they will receive a mark that shows them to be on site, but this will not count as a present mark and it will mean they have an unauthorised absence. This may mean that parents could face the possibility of a Penalty Notice if the problem persists.
If a child has a persistent late record, parents/carers may be asked to meet with the Head teacher or Education Welfare Officer to resolve the problem. Parents/carers can approach the school at any time if they experience problems getting their child to the school on time.